lurk + thoughts + happy wknd.
Link Love: Summer 2012 Lonny Mag/ I’m in love with this West Elm Bench! /Note to self: New food to try. Here and Here/ The beauty of a Vintage Shop: Cast & Crew/My heart pitter patters for the love that Ruby Dee & Ossie Davis shared. Help support this documentary./ A cute DIY project/ Pretty in Pink: Betsy Johnson’s living space./
I wanted to end this week by featuring some thoughts that have been immensly helpful to me; thoughts that continue to expand how I see life. Sometimes it’s hard to filter out what’s
good healthy for your soul on these Internet Streets; there are sooooo many distractions. But I’d like to think that Get Togetha is a place where you can fall back and read something that will affect the way you experience your life. In a positive way. A lot of my thoughts require living in your own lane but the payoff is really worth it. Happy Wknd! Food for thought after the jump…
- Self awareness is the greatest gift you can give to yourself.
- Forgiveness is a process, an art, and oh so necessary to be truly happy in life.
- The first person to always forgive in life is yourself.
- Love is everything: without it you are empty on the inside.
- Don’t hang out with people you don’t like out of obligation.
- Self care isn’t selfish. Self-care is a requirement.
- I recommend the book: Radical Forgiveness. This book changed my life.
- It happens all the time but material things are NEVER to be confused with love.
- You wanna feel bad about yourself for the rest of your life? Make yourself the victim.
- Explore your world for yourself; not for others.