own it: decor resolutions
Whatever resolutions may mean to you we can all be grateful for the “all time high” of life improvement optimism that comes around this time of year. I’m pretty passionate about making my life work by simply just “owning it”. No excuses. No but umms. No waiting for perfect timing. No magical thinking. Just ownership. We have that power and authority and it lives inside of us. There’s so many part of ourselves we give away that we sometimes forget to simply give ourselves a necessary chin check while on our journey’s lane. A place that makes you happy to come home doesn’t happen on it’s own. With that being said…here are my 10 decor resolutions for 2013.
- Declutter. Trash or donate the things that no longer serve this current stage of life.
- Decorate for the woman I want to become: no more trends.
- Buy more coffee table books & a sunburst mirror.
- Upgrade my sofa.
- Update my real life vision board. Remember those before Pinterest?
- Buy some new white sheets. I love white sheets.
- Buy more Soy Candles. Yes & Yes.
- Buy more Server ware. I live for entertaining.
- Invest in more dynamic art. Cop a few more area rugs.
- Repaint my entire apartment using Pinterest Inspiration.
Let’s make this year amazing. Don’t let your excite for your future wane. Love and appreciate every minute you get to make choices and make choices that work for you.